Custom designed GFRC elements at the Tiffany Pavilion, Norwood, MA.
FORMA Beyond designs and manufactures custom architectural surfaces, replications and commissioned art from a wide variety of composite materials. The materials are carefully selected for each project based on the design requirements, environment in which the surface will live in (interior vs exterior), desired aesthetic, look and feel, texture, coloration, etc. as well as the performance, maintenance and cost requirements.
All of our materials provide lightweight versatility, high impact resistance, long-term durability, low maintenance and ease of fabrication and installation. The interior products range from Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG) and Epoxy Cold Cast™ to Epoxy Resin and Engineered Wood Fibers™ (MDF). Interior and exterior materials include Composite Polyurea, Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC) and High Density Urethane (HDU).
FORMA Beyond can provide installation and offers complete installation instructions for third party installers.
Composite Materials Available include:
- Composite Polyurea, interior and exteriorLight weight, UL Class A ﬁre-retardant material, easily formable, has a high degree of stiffness and durability and is chemical, moisture and abrasion resistant. It is environmentally friendly with a sustainable (75-year) life span, emits no off-gasses or VOCs during manufacturing or installation, is recyclable and easily maintained.
- High Density Urethane (HDU), interior and exteriorA high-strength, durable material that is highly moisture resistant, stable, available in thicknesses up to 12' bocks that can be accurately milled into complex shapes and surfaces. HDU is also FAR approved for fire retardancy.
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG), interiorAn organic, non-flammable material with integrated glass fiber reinforcing for high-strength, thin, free-form artistic creations.
- Epoxy Cold Cast™, interiorUsed to replicate the look, feel and temperature of any type of metal with easy maintenance (it doesn’t rust). It also allows the precise replication of the subtlest to the most complex of textures, colorations and patinas.
- Epoxy Resin, interiorA high-strength, plastic material that is easily tinted and formable into complex clear or translucent shapes.
- Engineered Wood Fibers™ (MDF), interiorA stable wood composite material that can be UL Class A fire retardant and is easy to fabricate, install and maintain.
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC), interior and exteriorA non-flammable material that includes integrated glass fiber reinforcing allowing for typical concrete sections and complex contoured shapes to be produced in significantly thinner and lighter configurations.
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL DATA